The Answer is Yes!!! In fact many consider eggs to be a super food! Let me give you some reasons why eggs are so good for you.
1) Eggs give you boosted energy and improve brain power!
2) Eggs are a complete protein, which means they can help you maintain a healthy weight by controlling the rate at which the body absorbs calories.
3) Brain Development!!!!
Choline, a substance found in egg yolk, stimulating brain development and function. Since it necessary for brain development, but is not produced by our bodies in sufficient amount, a continuous new supply must be provided by our diet. Two large eggs provide the adult with the recommended daily intake of choline.
4) Antioxidants found in egg yoke are linked to better eyesight.
5) Eggs are full of vitamin D which boosts our immune system and strengthens our bones.
6) Eggs can help fight against stroke and heart attack by preventing blood clots, with it's antioxidant selenium.
7) Eggs are great for promoting a healthy pregnancy. Choline is an essential nutrient that contributes to fetal brain development and helps prevent birth defects. Two eggs provide about 250 milligrams of choline, or approximately half of the recommended daily intake for pregnant and lactating women. The unborn baby has a higher IQ when expectant mothers consume 2 eggs per day.
8) A study found that women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week have 44% less risk of developing breast cancer.
9) Eggs contain sulfur and protein which adds to healthy skin and hair!
So have a veggie filled omelet, or boil some eggs for on the go, but don't forget about this inexpensive super food!