This is a great article that a client forwarded me, I hope it is MOTIVATING!!!
Trade in those long, boring cardio workouts (and endless ab crunches too) for the more effective shorter interval training and full body strength training workouts.
Accept that your lack of results are based on the past, not the future, and resolve to start doing what works
Get yourself a proven system that suits you, including a nutrition plan, and a workout routine based on the more modern approach to fitness that doesn't rely on cardio. Shorter bursts of energy with alternating periods of rest are where it's at.
Get yourself a support system. First, write down your goals. Second, find a friend and let them be your coach. A number of the online fitness workout routines that are sold today include forums and memberships where you can get lots of support from others, including the program creator.
For faster results hire a personal trainer that will be with you and guide you through the inevitable ups and downs of the weight loss cycle. We all need encouragement and a good trainer will help to keep you motivated!
Make Today the day you TRANSFORM YOURSELF!
Must Read Fitness Facts!
1) 65% of Americans are considered obese.
2) 37% of adults report they are not physically active. Only 3 in 10 adults get the recommended amount of physical activity.
3) 41 million Americans are estimated to have pre-diabetes. Most people with pre-diabetes develop type 2 diabetes within 10 years, unless they make changes to their diet and physical activity that results in a loss of about 5-7 percent of their body weight.
4) More than 10 percent of children between the ages of 2 and 5 are overweight, double the proportion since 1980.
5) One quarter of U.S. children spend 4 hours or more watching television daily.
6) Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the United States. Physically inactive people are twice as likely to develop coronary heart disease as regularly active people.
1) Consistent physical exercise, even at moderate levels reduces the risk of obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and cancer.
2) Adults 18 and older need 30 minutes of physical activity on five or more days a week to be healthy; children and teens need 60 minutes of activity a day for their health.
3) Significant health benefits can be obtained by including a moderate amount of physical activity (e.g., 30 minutes of brisk walking or raking leaves, 15 minutes of running, 45 minutes of playing volleyball). Additional health benefits can be gained through greater amounts of physical activity.
4) Thirty to sixty minutes of activity broken into smaller segments of 10 or 15 minutes throughout the day has significant health benefits.
5) Moderate daily physical activity can reduce substantially the risk of developing or dying from cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers, such as colon cancer. Daily physical activity helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol, helps prevent or retard osteoporosis, and helps reduce obesity, symptoms of anxiety and depression, and symptoms of arthritis.
You can take positive steps to turn your life around, please start today!
Your life is valuable, make the changes you need to make starting now.
Make today the day you TRANSFORM YOURSELF!
STATS were taken from fitness.gov
How many of you guys are trying to lose weight. Which basically means you want to lose excess fat. One of the most accurate (and annoying) way to do that is to count calories. Well, now if you have a smart phone you can download one of many apps that calculates it all for you. I use "my fitness pal" but there are many options out there. Yes, it still takes some work, but if your serious about losing weight this is a great first step!